Acceptance of Terms:
By engaging our computer repair services, CLIENT agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions in their entirety. These terms and conditions may be updated or amended from time to time without prior notice. It is the CLIENT responsibility to review the most recent version available on our website.
BC-IT Specialists agree to provide computer repair services as requested by CLIENT, subject to the terms and conditions outlined herein. The scope of services and associated fees will be agreed upon between both parties before commencement of any work.
Release of Liability:
CLIENT AGREES TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS BC-IT SPECIALISTS, ITS AGENTS AND SERVICE REPRESENTATIVES FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY ASSOCIATED WITH THE PERFORMANCE OF SERVICE OR THE PROVISION OF PARTS, AND ACKNOWLEDGES THAT BC-IT SPECIALISTS OFFERS NEITHER AN EXPLICIT OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE, FOR THE SERVICES PERFORMED OR THE PARTS PROVIDED, OTHER THAN THE MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTY.
1. CLIENT acknowledges that due to the nature of the services being performed, there is a potential risk of damage or loss including, but not limited to, damage to CLIENT’s office, home, business computer hardware, its cabling, hubs, routers, switches, peripherals, accessories, and furniture, as well as potential risk of damage, corruption, or loss of computer
software, applications, data, and data storage media.
2. CLIENT agrees to release and hold harmless BC-IT SPECIALISTS from all liability for damage or loss as well as any incidental or
consequential material or financial damage or loss that may result from the actions of BC-IT SPECIALISTS, its agents or service representatives.
3. CLIENT grants BC-IT SPECIALISTS, its agents and service representatives, permission to physically access CLIENT’s home or office property where CLIENT’s computer system and/or network reside.
4. CLIENT grants BC-IT SPECIALISTS, its agents and service representatives, access, security rights, and permission to open, view, modify, edit, delete, or otherwise manipulate CLIENT’s computer software, applications, data, and data storage media including, but not limited to, the computer Operating System, word processing, spreadsheets, databases, workflow, graphics, audio,
video, system drivers and libraries, and any other type of software or data that may be contained on CLIENT’s computer system or network.
5. CLIENT grants BC-IT SPECIALISTS, its agents and service representatives, access and permission to physically disassemble any and all computer systems, components, networks, cabling, hubs, routers, switches, peripherals, and accessories necessary to perform said services.
6. CLIENT grants BC-IT SPECIALISTS, its agents and service representatives, permission to perform modification to CLIENT’s home or office property for the purpose of installing or troubleshooting computer and/or networking hardware, cabling, hubs, routers, switches or peripherals. Modification may include such practices as drilling, cutting through or disassembling
furniture, floors, walls, carpet or trim, laying and removing cabling and devices including affixing cabling and devices to furniture, walls, floors, or trim, using nails, screws, staples, hangers, or plastic ties.
7. CLIENT grants BC-IT SPECIALISTS, its agents and service representatives, permission to install hardware in CLIENT’s computer and/or network, including but not limited to, processor chips, memory chips, cooling fans, batteries, hard drives, tape drives, storage devices, modem and communication devices, audio and video cards, network interface cards, hubs,
routers, switches, printers, scanners, cables, and any other hardware requested to be installed by CLIENT.
8. CLIENT grants BC-IT SPECIALISTS, its agents and service representatives, permission to download and/or install software on CLIENT’s computer and/ or network, including but not limited to, virus scanners, diagnosis and repair utilities, drivers, libraries, and software requested to be installed by CLIENT. BC-IT SPECIALISTS does not check for licensing compliance for any software provided by CLIENT to be installed on their computer systems. It is the responsibility of the CLIENT to have proper
licensing for any software provided. BC-IT SPECIALISTS reserves the right to refuse to install any software for which proper licensing cannot be demonstrated.
9. BC-IT SPECIALISTS strongly advises CLIENT to safeguard critical data by backing up said data prior to any services performed by BC-IT SPECIALISTS. Unless specifically requested and provided as a paid service by BC-IT SPECIALISTS, CLIENT is responsible for any backup, archiving, or protective storage as well as restoration if required, of CLIENT’s data.
10. Client also agrees they will not actively solicit work from any of BC-IT SPECIALISTS’s contractors or employees for computer related services, without the prior approval of BC-IT SPECIALISTS. This agreement shall remain in force for one year, beginning with the date of client’s last completed service with BC-IT SPECIALISTS. This agreement includes all geographic locations where BC-IT SPECIALISTS’s clients reside.
Data and Privacy:
1. We respect your privacy and take data protection seriously.
2. We will not access, copy, or disclose any personal or confidential data stored on your computer, except as required to perform the repairs or as legally mandated.